Mitchell Falls Explorer - Wet Season
King Cascade Falls | Mitchell Plateau | Mitchell Falls | Montgomery Reef | Horizontal Falls | Buccaneer Archipelago | Cape Leveque | Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm
Duration: Full Day Tour (approx. 11 hours)
Flight Time: 5.3 Hours
Departure: Available Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
What to Bring: Swimwear, Towel, Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Camera
Fly over Harding Range, and King Cascade on Prince Regent River before landing at Mitchell Plateau for morning tea.
Back on the plane for a flight over the majestic Mitchell Falls before tracking southbound over the coast.
Southbound along the Kimberley coast we fly over Kuri Bay, Camden Sounds and Montgomery Reef.
Described by David Attenborough as the 8th Natural Wonder of the World
Delicious lunch, swim in the pool and join a fascinating Pearl Farm Tour.
- Departing Broome, we fly North over King Sound, home to Australia’s largest tides and amongst the highest in the world. Fly over Walcott Inlet estuary, the rarely seen Harding Range, and the impressive King Cascade on the Prince Regent River, before landing at Mitchell Plateau, home to the Wunambal, Gaambera, Kwini and Balangarra.
- On arrival into Mitchell Plateau we enjoy refreshments and a comfort stop before jumping back in the plane to overfly the Mitchell Falls and then track coastal southbound past Kuri Bay, Camden Sounds, Montgomery Reef and onto the spectacular Horizontal Waterfalls.
- Witness the amazing tidal shift through the natural phenomenon the Horizontal Waterfalls in Talbot Bay.
- We then track across the endless islands of the spectacular Buccaneer Archipelago including Cockatoo and Koolan Iron-ore mines before stopping at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm.
- Explore Cygnet Bay as we stop for a delicious lunch at their on-site restaurant, a swim at their on-site swimming pool and join a Pearl Farm Tour to learn about the history of Pearling at Cygnet Bay and the story behind some of the world's most sought after pearls.
- See the spectacular bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula, Beagle Bay, James Price Point, Willie Creek and Broome's world-famous Cable Beach as we track coastal southbound back to Broome
*Landing at Mitchell Plateau subject to suitable conditions. The Horizontal Waterfalls is a natural phenomenon which is tide dependant with variable flow. Whilst we do our very best to arrive at a time of optimum flow, we cannot guarantee the amount or level of water flowing through the Horizontal Waterfalls at any given time.