Bungle Bungle Explorer
Halls Creek | Purnululu National Park | Bungle Bungle Massif | Dome Walk | Cathedral Gorge | Windjana Gorge
Duration: Full Day Tour (approx. 11 hours)
Flight Time: 5.5 Hours
Departure: Available Monday & Saturday
What to Bring: Hat, Sunscreen, Hiking shoes, Sunglasses, Camera
Fitzroy Crossing &
The mighty Fitzroy River, the Fitzroy Crossing township and the stunning Geikie Gorge
- Departing Broome we track east over the beautiful turquoise waters of Roebuck Bay. Overfly the mighty Fitzroy River, the Fitzroy Crossing township and the stunning Geikie Gorge.
- Enjoy morning tea and a refreshment stop at Halls Creek in the East Kimberley.
- Fly the scenic pattern around the Bungle Bungle Massif marveling at the spectacular domes from above. Sweeping across the Bungle Bungle range, a hidden world of gorges and pools is revealed with fan palms clinging precariously to walls and crevices in the rocks.
- On arrival at the remote Bellburn airstrip you will be met by your tour guide from Kingfisher Tours. You will then embark on your Bungle Bungle adventure to the southern Dome walk in an air-conditioned 4WD with stops along the way for spectacular photo opportunities.
- Enjoy a moderate 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers and black and orange banded beehive structures on the dome walk and into Cathedral Gorge. This short uneven loop takes you up close among the beehive domes, where you can clearly see the different layers of the sediment and the protective banding of the iron oxide and cyanobacteria.
- Follow a meandering creek bed amongst the towering beehive domes and honeycomb rocks to the iconic natural amphitheatre, known as Cathedral Gorge. The Gorge is known for its outstanding acoustics and sheer beauty. There are some steep steps and a ladder within the gorge that lead to narrow ledges.
- A light pack is provided with your drinks and lunch to be enjoyed in Cathedral Gorge.
- On your return to the airstrip, there is time for refreshments before the scenic flight back to Broome.
- On your return flight to Broome, fly over the spectacular Wunaamin-Milliwundi Ranges, Devonian Reef Conservation Park and Windjana Gorge.
- Morning Tea & Lunch included.
*A reasonable level of fitness and sturdy footwear is required. There are some areas of uneven ground as well as walking on sand in Cathedral Gorge.