Cygnet Bay Explorer
Horizontal Falls | Buccaneer Archipelago | Ardyaloon Trochus Hatchery & Aquaculture Centre | Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm | Cape Leveque | Dampier Peninsula
Duration: Full Day Tour
Flight Time: 2.7 Hours
Departure: Available Daily
What to Bring: Swimwear, Towel, Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Camera
Fly over the stunning red cliffs at Cape Leveque.
Ardyaloon & Trochus Hatchery
Morning Tea, visit to Ardyaloon Trochus Hatchery and a swim at beautiful Jologo Beach.
Explore the 'Giant Tides' of the spectacular Kimberley Coast by boat.
Cockatoo & Koolan Islands
Koolan and Cockatoo Island, home to the world's richest iron ore deposits.
Home to 1,000 islands made of Precambrian sandstone over 2 billion years old.
Described by Sir David Attenborough as the 8th Natural Wonder of the World.
- Overfly the Horizontal Waterfalls described by Sir David Attenborough as ‘the 8th Natural Wonder of the World.’
- Fly across the stunning Buccaneer Archipelago, home to 1,000 islands made of Precambrian sandstone over 2 billion years old.
- Fly overhead Koolan and Cockatoo Island, home to the world's richest iron ore deposits.
- Landing at the Ardyaloon (One Arm Point) community, enjoy a quick refreshing swim at the beautiful Jologo Beach (tide dependent).
- Visit the Ardyaloon Trochus Hatchery and Aquaculture Centre for morning tea and a guided tour with an experienced local guide. Enjoy a fascinating, educational tour of the Hatchery which contains a diverse range of fish, coral, and crustacean species whilst learning about the Bardi-Jawi people’s strong connection to their saltwater traditions and get up close and personal with the fish and coral species most prevalent in the area.
- Explore the 'Giant Tides' of the spectacular Kimberley Coast by boat. Feel the power of the world's largest tropical tides as you cruise amongst the giant whirlpools and standing tidal waves on your sea safari.
- Enjoy a Pearl Discovery Tour giving you an insight into the fascinating history of pearling at Cygnet Bay, learn about the cultivation of some of the most sought-after and beautiful pearls in the world.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch and refreshing swim at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farms on-site restaurant and swimming pool.
- Coastal return flight overhead the stunning red cliffs at Cape Leveque, then southbound along the beautiful bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula with views of Beagle Bay, James Price Point, Willie Creek Pearl Farm and Broome's world-famous Cable Beach.
*During neap tides, the Giant Tides Sea Safari is replaced by the Kimberley Island Explorer Boat Tour. This neap tide experience traverses the intertidal zones of the beautiful and deserted 'thousand islands' which make up the Buccaneer Archipelago. Due to scheduled tours at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, we cannot guarantee the amount or level of water flowing through the Horizontal Waterfalls at our chosen time of arrival.
Extended Tour Options
Carved Pearl Shell (Riji) Tour - Learn about the ancient art of pearl shell carving and its cultural significance to the local Bardi people - $30pp
Hands on Pearl Grading Tour - Touch, feel and sort a selection of beautiful harvested pearls as you are guided through the specialised skill of pearl grading - $30pp