Cygnet Bay Explorer
King Sound | Horizontal Falls | Buccaneer Archipelago | Cape Leveque | Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm | Dampier Peninsula
Duration: Full Day Tour
Flight Time: 2.7 Hours
Departure: Available Daily
What to Bring: Swimwear, Towel, Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Camera
Morning Tea and a swim at Kooljaman Cape Leveque.
Home of the Bardi Jawi people.
Pearl appreciation session that will leave you feeling like a pearl expert.
Cockatoo & Koolan Islands
Koolan and Cockatoo Island, home to the world's richest iron ore deposits.
Home to 1,000 islands made of Precambrian sandstone over 2 billion years old.
Described by David Attenborough as the 8th Natural Wonder of the World.
- Horizontal Waterfalls described by David Attenborough as the 8th Natural Wonder of the World. Buccaneer Archipelago, home to 1,000 islands made of Precambrian sandstone over 2 billion years old. Koolan and Cockatoo Island, home to the world's richest iron ore deposits.
- Morning Tea and a swim at Kooljaman Cape Leveque. Home of the Bardi Jawi people, one of the only sea faring Aboriginal tribes in Australia.
- Explore the 'Giant Tides' of the spectacular Kimberley Coast by boat. Feel the power of the world's largest tropical tides as you cruise amongst the giant whirlpools and standing tidal waves on your sea safari. Enjoy a Pearl Discovery Tour giving you an insight into the fascinating history of pearling in Cygnet Bay. Learn about the cultivation of some of the most sought-after and beautiful pearls in the world.
- Pearl appreciation session that will leave you feeling like a pearl expert.
- Lunch at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farms on-site restaurant.
- Coastal return flight along the bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula with views of Beagle Bay, James Price Point, Willie Creek Pearl Farm and Broome's world-famous Cable Beach.
- Morning Tea & Lunch included.
*During neap tides, the Giant Tides Sea Safari is replaced by the Kimberley Island Explorer Boat Tour. This neap tide experience traverses the intertidal zones of the beautiful and deserted 'thousand islands' which make up the Buccaneer Archipelago. Due to scheduled tours at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, we cannot guarantee the amount or level of water flowing through the Horizontal Waterfalls at our chosen time of arrival.
Extended Tour Options
Carved Pearl Shell (Riji) Tour - Learn about the ancient art of pearl shell carving and its cultural significance to the local Bardi people - $30pp
Hands on Pearl Grading Tour - Touch, feel and sort a selection of beautiful harvested pearls as you are guided through the specialised skill of pearl grading - $30pp