Sunday Island Explorer
Cultural Tour | Borrgoron | Ardyaloon | Middle Passage | Jackson Island | Sunday Island | Goodngarngoon | Oolin Beach | Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm | Horizontal Falls
Duration: Full Day Tour (approx. 11 hours)
Flight Time: 3 hours
Departure: Subject to tides - please check availability
What to Bring: Swimwear, Towel, Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Camera
Sunday Island Tour departure point.
Transfer from the airstrip to your tour boat.
Described by David Attenborough as the 8th Natural Wonder of the World
View Cape Leveque from the air. Home of the Bardi Jawi people
An place cultural significance and dreamtime stories.
Enjoy morning tea, swim and relax on a secluded beach.
The place of running water, a place of great cultural importance to the Bardi and Jawi people.
- Departing Broome, we fly North East over the Dampier Peninsula to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, home of the Australian Pearl.
- On arrival, we are transferred from the airstrip to meet with your Jawi guide Rosanna Angus for a cultural adventure island hopping by boat exploring tranquil unspoilt locations whilst learning about the cultural and environmental significance of the spectacular marine reserve.
- Experience the Journey of the Tide Drifters as you retrace the ocean journey from Bardi Country on the mainland through the network of islands and tidal passages that make up Jawi Country.
- The cultural saltwater adventure includes a brief visit to beautiful Middle Beach, learning about the story behind the establishment of Ardyaloon and its connection to Sunday Island. Navigating Pearl Passage, experience the turbulent waters of this narrow pass between Jooloom and Jayirri islands and discover its cultural significance.
- Arriving at Ewuny (Sunday Island), learn about the history of the Sunday Island Mission, home to many Jawi and Bardi people until its closure in 1962.
- Visit Goodngarngoon, place of running water, a place of great cultural importance to the Bardi Jawi people. Followed by a visit to Oolin Beach, which holds important cultural and dreamtimes stories for Morning Tea, swim and relax on a stunning secluded beach.
- The return journey takes you through some of Australia's most untouched wilderness, abundant with wildlife, search for dugongs, manta rays, sea turtles, hammerhead and tiger sharks as well as countless migratory birds and territorial birds of prey.
- On returning to Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm, enjoy lunch at their on-site restraurant followed by a Pearl Farm Discovery Tour learning about the history of Cygnet Bay and how they culture some of the finest pearls in the world.
- After a return to the airstrip, we depart for a scenic flight overhead One Arm Point, Middle Passage, Sunday Island exploring the very places visited on your Oolin Sunday Island tour from above marvelling at the stunning colours of the Buccaneer Archipelago.
- Overfly the Horizontal Falls before tracking back over the 1,000 island archipelago, overhead Cape Leveque and a stunning low level coastal flight back to Broome exploring the many beautiful bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula.