Mitchell Falls Explorer - Dry
Mitchell Falls | Kuri Bay | Montgomery Reef | Horizontal Waterfalls | Cape Leveque
Duration: Full Day Tour
Flight Time: 4.9 Hours
What to Bring: Swimwear, Towel, Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Camera
Fly over Harding Range, and King Cascade on Prince Regent River before landing at Mitchell Plateau.
Return helicopter transfers
An exhilarating helicopter ride from the Mitchell Plateau airstrip to the Mitchell Falls. Spend 90 minutes atop the falls enjoying morning tea, exploring the stunning landscape and three tiered waterfall and a refreshing swim before returning to the airstrip by helicopter.
Southbound along the Kimberley coast we fly over Kuri Bay, Camden Sounds and Montgomery Reef.
Described by David Attenborough as the 8th Natural Wonder of the World
Lunch and a swim and enough time to enjoy a walk along the beautiful beaches.
- Departing Broome, we fly North over King Sound, home to Australia’s largest tides and amongst the highest in the world.
- Fly over Walcott Inlet estuary, the rarely seen Harding Range, and the impressive King Cascade on the Prince Regent River, before landing at Mitchell Plateau, home to the Wunambal, Gaambera, Kwini and Balangarra.
- On arrival into Mitchell Plateau, you will be met by our partner HeliSpirit who will transfer you by helicopter to the Punamii-Uunpuu (Mitchell Falls) giving you a magnificent bird's eye view of this stunning wilderness.
- Enjoy 90 minutes atop the falls where you will enjoy a refreshing swim and morning tea whilst marvelling at the stunning tiered waterfall.
- After enjoying the Falls, we meet at the helipad for a transfer back to the Mitchell Plateau airstrip with fantastic views of the falls from the air as you depart overhead.
- We then continue the adventure flying coastal southbound via Kuri Bay and Montgomery Reef to the Horizontal Waterfalls.
- Described by Sir David Attenborough as ‘the 8th Natural Wonder of the World.’
- We then track across the Buccaneer Archipelago, home to 1,000 islands made of Precambrian sandstone over 2 billion years old to our next stop Kooljaman at Cape Leveque to enjoy a delicious lunch and a swim. Home of the Bardi Jawi people, one of the only sea faring Aboriginal tribes in Australia.
- Coastal return flight along the bays and beaches of the Dampier Peninsula with views of Beagle Bay, James Price Point, Willie Creek Pearl Farm and Broome's world-famous Cable Beach.
PLEASE NOTE: The Horizontal Waterfalls is a natural phenomenon which is tide dependant with variable flow. We cannot guarantee the amount or level of water flowing through the Horizontal Waterfalls at any given time